Oracle Trivia Quiz
All the answers can be found in the November 2014 issue of the NoCOUG Journal.
|I am the editor of the NoCOUG Journal. What’s NoCOUG, you ask? Only the oldest and most active Oracle users group in the world. If you live in the San Francisco bay area and have never ever attended a NoCOUG conference in the last 28 years (that’s how long NoCOUG has been around), please contact me for a free pass to our upcoming conference at eBay on November 19, featuring presentations such as “Managing the Largest OLTP Database in the World” and “I Didn’t Know that Toad could do That!” Continental breakfast, hot lunch (can you say “Chicken Tikka Masala”), and never-ending refreshments. Who says there’s no such thing as a free lunch?|
- Which executive vice-president of product development at Oracle began as the PL/SQL product manager? (page 23)
- Which senior vice-president of server technologies at Oracle wrote the B-Tree indexing code back in the day? (page 23)
- What is the evil twin of relational algebra? (page 17)
- If you have SELECT privilege on a table, can you also “SELECT FOR UPDATE”? (page 19)
- Who coined the term “compulsive tuning disorder”? (page 13 footnote)
- What percentage of women leave high technology at the mid-career mark? (page 4)
- How can you empower application developers with access to live performance data from the production database? (page 6)
- What kind of optimization is the root of all evil according to Professor Donald Knuth? (page 10)
- Can UNION ALL materialized views be fast-refreshed on commit? (page 18)
- What will be the winning lottery numbers for the next Powerball drawing (just checking if you’re awake)
P.S. A 10-year digital archive of the NoCOUG Journal is available at http://nocoug.wordpress.com/nocoug-journal-archive/.