Solve the Oracle Database murder mystery and win a free ticket for yourself and a friend to the NoCOUG conference
Here are the solutions that have received so far. The last one is plausible but doesn’t explain the graceful shutdown of nine databases using SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE. The murder mystery is still unsolved.
- “From digits 10 if 1 falls, remains is 0 (ZERO).”
- “It’s a Cascade delete issue … If Main record is deleted, then any corresponding foreign records too would be deleted.”
- “Oracle does not keep any spot for the “Accidental” fall of bottles. If one bottle can fall accidently, then all ten bottles can also fall accidently. There should not be any scope for accidental falls.”
- “Perhaps Jack connected to a CDB and since he didn’t specify a PDB name, the commands impacted all PDBs contained therein?”
- “Since STARTUP FORCE does an SHUTDOWN ABORT/STARTUP—did he do it on a ASM Instance (NetApp storage) shared by 9 other running instances? There can only be one ASM instance per server. Other instances crashed and were restarted automatically with Oracle Restart (Oracle Grid Infrastructure)?”
Originally posted on So Many Oracle Manuals, So Little Time:
You may remember this children’s song from kindergarten or you can listen to this YouTube video:
“Ten green bottles hanging on the wall
Ten green bottles hanging on the wall
And if one green bottle should accidentally fall
There’ll be nine green bottles hanging on the wall.”
In this Oracle Database murder mystery, there were no green bottles left hanging on the wall after the first bottle fell. Send your solution to email@example.com and receive a free ticket for yourself and a friend to the NoCOUG conference on Thursday, August 15 featuring performance guru Craig Shallahamer, a full track of Oracle Database 12c presentations, and alternative technology presentations on MySQL, NoSQL, and Big Data. Click here to review the detailed agenda.
It was a beautiful spring day. Popcorn was popping on the apricot tree. What does this have to do with databases? Nothing, but I’m trying…
View original 427 more words